1. Organization and Purpose
The Project Execution Manager reports to the Operations Director and is responsible for implementing the projects turned over to them from Project Engineering.
2. Scope and Impact
The Project Execution Manager will be responsible for the actual implementation and construction of projects. This includes the management of direct reporting personnel and subcontractors, procurement of local-stock materials, cost management and administrative project closeout. The Project Execution Manager will also be responsible for maintaining tools, vehicles, equipment, and materials necessary for performance of contract execution. The division will coordinate with Project Engineering to establish project construction timelines and schedules for both the client and subcontractors. The division will also work with Project Development to administratively close out projects and provide documentation to the client. Project Execution will also manage Project Maintenance, servicing and maintaining projects under warranty and assets under management.
3. Essential Functions
- Finalizes construction schedule with client including key events such as crane lifts, shutdowns, cutovers, commissioning, etc.
- Manages and schedules manpower, both in-house and subcontractors, to ensure that budget and timeline for active projects are met.
- Acquires materials and equipment available locally necessary for project.
- Reviews and monitors project budgets through the execution of active projects.
- Provides internal and external project reporting as required by contract.
- Actively manages projects from the field, addressing issues that arise during construction and providing resolution to the client.
- Completes all post-installation administrative requirements including inspections, permit closure, utility interconnect approval, and warranty documentation.
- Maintains records and manages work for warranty and service on previously completed projects through the Maintenance division.
- Controls and maintains vehicles, equipment, tools, and material necessary for day-to-day operations, including warehouse and office equipment.
4. Supervisory Responsibilities
- Carries out supervisory duties in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures and all applicable laws.
- Works with Human Resources on all personnel issues.
5. Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs all other duties as directed.
6. Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent from a four-year college in engineering and/or business administration preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in retrofit construction and/or energy efficiency desired.
- Previous Project Management experience preferred.
- Basic Knowledge of Lighting, HVAC, and PV systems
- Ability to organize, plan, and execute tasks in a timely manner.
- Ability to read blueprint and schematics.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Project.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to manage up to a dozen direct reporting personnel.
Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, correspondence, blue prints, and floor plans.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with vendors, customers, co-workers, subcontractors, and management.
7. Physical Demands/Work Environment
- While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, use hands, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to kneel, bend, and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places and outdoor weather conditions. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to the risk of electrical shock.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.